President – Lisa Tremblay – firstname.lastname@example.org – 250-723-8256
Vice President – Barbara Wilson – email@example.com – 250-724-2097
Secretary – Roxanne Leyland – firstname.lastname@example.org – 250-723-9939
Treasurer – Leah Ursic – email@example.com – 250-724-6814
Instuctor (Basic Obedience) – Synneva Stubbs – firstname.lastname@example.org – 250-735-8880
Association of Island Obedience Clubs (AIOC) Rep – Dinant Vanden Hoek email@example.com
Postal Address: 5592 Maebelle Rd. Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8R2
Phone: 250-723-9939 (Roxanne, AVKC Secretary)
We are a small kennel club with active members:
- Breeding purebred dogs
- Showing dogs to be judged for conformation to the breed standard
- Obedience training and competition
- Rally Obedience training and competition
- Field training and competition
- Other dog sports and competitions including carting, agility, earthdog, etc.
- Host an annual CKC Dog show every October
- Host an Obedience and Rally O trial annually
CKC Performance Events: We’re All In
The Canadian Kennel Club is proud to welcome mixed-breed and unrecognized-breed dogs into our Agility, Obedience and Rally-Obedience Trials. Beginning July 1, 2014, the new CKC Canine Companion program will invite mixed-breed and unrecognized-breed dogs to compete alongside purebred dogs and will share the same level of competition and receive the same titles.This change will broaden the sports’ scope and inclusiveness and extend an invitation to anyone considering taking up a performance sport.
We welcome the opportunity to have you and your dog come out and compete with the very best!
Unless otherwise stated, our training is done at Cherry Creek Community Hall in the Gym, located at 3270 Moore Road, Port Alberni ( SW corner of Cherry Creek Road and Moore Road). Please enter the Gym from the doors to the Parking Lot. When weather permits, we use the tennis courts for many of our activities.
We welcome new members to AV Kennel Club.
To become a member, please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Name(s) and address
- Phone Number(s)
- Email address
- Are you or have you ever been a member of the CKC-Canadian Kennel Club or a Specialty Breed Club?
- Current breed of dog (if any)
or open (.pdf) AVKC Membership Application Form
Membership dues are collected in January. Single membership $10. Family membership $15.
If you have any questions, please contact any of our members listed above.
Our club members are active in:
- Conformation & Show Handling
- Obedience Training & Competitions
- Rally Obedience Training & Competitions
Our member dogs also love to:
- Go on leisurely walks and hikes
- Retrieve balls/toys
- Play games
- Take naps and curl up with owners