All our training is done at Cherry Creek Community Hall in the Gym or outdoors, unless otherwise stated. Location: 3270 Moore Road, Port Alberni ( SW corner of Cherry Creek Rd and Moore Rd – 4 way stop)
This class covers the basics (sit, stay, down, recall, focus, heel, socialization, etc.) It is for the dogs of any age to learn the basics or as a refresher.
- Minimum age 12 weeks/3 months
- You should have time to bond with your dog before you start classes (2-3 weeks) and be able to walk your dog on a leash.
- Dogs must have proof of vaccinations. (in order to complete Registration) The dog should be immunized against Distemper, Hepatitis and Parvo Virus and be free from communicable &/or infectious illness for 30 days prior to class.
Dogs should not have any aggression or temperment issues. If they have, we will be happy to recommend a suitable dog trainer.
Supplies you require:
- Cloth Collar or Martingale Collar, only. (No choke or prong Collars or Harness.)
- 5-6 ft basic leash or kennel lead (no Flexi leash).
- Poop Bags.
- Soft treats/bait (like cut up weiners. Dry treats leaves crumbs behind that distracts other dogs and mess on Gym floor.)
Our instructor for Basic Obedience lessons is Synneva Stubbs. She is an Alberni Valley Kennel Club member and a Professional Canine Behaviour Specialist. She will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. Contact her by phone/text at 250-735-8880 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
One set of 5 Basic Obedience Lessons are FREE for anyone 12 to 18 years of age.
(Child must be strong enough & able to maintain control of the dog they are training.)
(limited to 1 per class)
BOOK YOUR SPOT NOW!
Register for Classes
Email to: email@example.com or phone Roxanne at 250-723-9939
Provide us with your Name, Email address & phone number, plus your dog’s name, breed and age/birthdate.
We will email you a “Registration package” to complete.
You must complete our Registration form, pay in full and provide us with proof of vaccinations before you are registered for classes.
5 Basic Obedience Training Lessons
- Start Time: 6:00 or 7:00 pm on Monday evenings
- Class is approx. 45-55 minutes
- May to September some classes will be outdoors at Cherry Creek Hall Ball Field
- September to May classes will be indoors at Cherry Creek Hall Gym
- All classes cost $90.00 for 5 weekly lessons (limited number of dogs per class)
- Instructor: Synneva Stubbs-Dentoom
Basic Obedience Classes 2021
- BOC 21-1 Mondays, Jan 18, Jan 25, Feb 1, Feb 8, Feb 15. Completed
- BOC 21-2 Mondays, Feb 22, Mar 1, Mar 8, Mar 15, Mar 22. Completed
- BOC 21-3 Mondays, Mar 29, Apr 5, Apr 12, Apr 19, Apr 26. Completed
- BOC 21-4 Mondays, May 3, May 10, May 17, May 24, May 31 – Completed
- BOC 21-5 Mondays, June 7, June 14, June 21, June 28, July 12 (no class July 5th) – Full
- BOC 21-6 Mondays, July 19, July 26, Aug 2, Aug 16, Aug 23.(no class Aug. 9th) Register Now! only a few spaces left.
- BOC 21-7 Mondays, Aug 30, Sep 13, Sep 20, Sep 27, Oct 4. (no class Sep. 6th) Register Now
- BOC 21-8 Mondays, Oct 25, Nov 1, Nov 8, Nov 15, Nov 22. (no classes Oct 11 & 18th)
- No classes in December 2021 – Start up again January 2022
* Classes will be held outside, weather permitting. Please wear suitable clothing & footwear.
If you are interested, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Roxanne at 250-723-9939 and we will send you a Registration Package to complete.
If you are interested in any training other than Beginner/Basic Obedience classes, please let us know. When we have sufficient interest, we are able to schedule classes on Wednesdays at 6:00 pm
Refresh/Repeat Basic Obedience (RBO)
for dogs that have already taken “Basic Obedience Classes”
- For dogs to work on basic skills in a group setting.
- Develop confidence in all basic skills and behaviours.
- Refresh Basic Obedience (RBO 21-2) Feb 24, Mar 3, Mar 10, Mar 17, Mar 24. – Completed
- Refresh Basic Obedience (RBO 21-4) May 5, May 12, May 19, May 26, June 2 – Completed
Introduction to Advanced Obedience (IAO)
To pre-qualify your dog should be able to sit & stay in position for at least one minute.
- for dogs to develop confidence in their obedience skills (on & off leash)
- Introduce the skills required for performance sports (Rally Obedience, Agility, etc.) & competitions.
- Introduce the 12 skills/behaviours in the Canine Good Neighbour Program
- Introduction to Advanced Obedience (IAO 21-3) Mar 31, Apr 7, Apr 14, Apr 21, Apr 28. – full
CKC Canine Good Neighbour Program (CGN)
A list of 12 skills/behaviours are practiced to demonstrate good manner in public. You have the option to take a qualifying exam and earn a certificate from CKC.
Class schedule – TBA (September 2021)
(Show Handling) Ages 8-18 who want to show a dog in a conformation dog show.
Classes will be scheduled when there is a demand.
Prerequisite for IAO & CGN classes would be taking Basic Obedience classes or a dog who is able to sit/stay on their own for at least one minute.
Contact Roxanne at 250-723-9939 or email@example.com to be put on a waitlist.