All our training is done at Cherry Creek Community Hall in the Gym or outdoors, unless otherwise stated. Location: 3270 Moore Road, Port Alberni ( SW corner of Cherry Creek Rd and Moore Rd – 4 way stop)
This class covers the basics (sit, stay, down, recall, focus, heel, socialization, etc.) It is for the dogs of any age to learn the basics or as a refresher.
- Minimum age 12 weeks/3 months
- You should have time to bond with your dog before you start classes (2-3 weeks) and be able to walk your dog on a leash.
- Dogs must have proof of vaccinations. (in order to complete Registration) The dog should be immunized against Distemper, Hepatitis and Parvo Virus and be free from communicable &/or infectious illness for 30 days prior to class.
Dogs should not have any aggression or temperment issues. If they have, we will be happy to recommend a suitable dog trainer.
Supplies you require:
- Cloth Collar or Martingale Collar, only. (No choke or prong Collars or Harness.)
- 5-6 ft basic leash or kennel lead (no Flexi leash).
- Poop Bags.
- Soft treats/bait (like cut up weiners. Dry treats leaves crumbs behind that distracts other dogs and mess on Gym floor.)
Our instructor for Basic Obedience lessons is Synneva Stubbs. She is an Alberni Valley Kennel Club member and a Professional Canine Behaviour Specialist. She will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. Contact her by phone/text at 250-735-8880 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
One set of 5 Basic Obedience Lessons are FREE for anyone 12 to 18 years of age.
(Child must be strong enough & able to maintain control of the dog they are training.)
(limited to 1 per class)
BOOK YOUR SPOT NOW!
Pre-Register for Classes
Email to: email@example.com or phone Roxanne at 250-723-9939
Provide us with your Name, Email address & phone number, plus your dog’s name, breed and age/birthdate.
We will email you a registration package to complete.
You must complete our Registration form, pay in full, provide us with proof of vaccinations before you start classes.
5 Basic Obedience Training Lessons
- Start Time: 6:00 or 7:00 pm on Monday evenings
- Class is approx. 45-55 minutes
- June to September classes will be outdoors at Cherry Creek Hall Ball Field
- September to June classes will be indoors at Cherry Creek Hall Gym
- Indoor classes cost $90.00 (limited number of dogs per class)
- Instructor: Synneva Stubbs
Basic Obedience Classes 2020
BOC 20-2 – Completed Classes on Monday June 22 & 29th. 6:00 pm
BOC 20-3 – Completed Class dates: June 22, 29, July 6, 13, & 20th. 7:00 pm
BOC 20-4 – Completed Class dates: July 6, 13, 20, 27, Aug. 3rd. 6:00 pm
BOC 20-5 – Completed Class dates: July 27, Aug. 3, 17, 24, & 31st. 7:00 pm
BOC 20-6 – Completed Class dates: Aug. 17, 24, 31, Sep. 14* & Sep. 21*
6:00 pm at Cherry Creek Community Centre Ball Field. * Last 2 classes held inside Gym.
Fall classes will be $90.00 and held inside Cherry Creek Hall Gym
BOC 20-7 (6:00 or 7:00 pm) – Completed – Sep. 28, Oct. 5, 19, 26 & Nov. 2nd
BOC 20-8 (6:00 or 7:00 pm) – FULL – Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30 & Dec. 7th.
Classes will resume in January 2021.
Basic Obedience – for 1st time
Refresh Basic Obedience – practice & develop basic skills
Advanced Obedience – looking to demonstrate control in obedience skills and prepare for advanced obedience sports.
If you are interested, please send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you registration information when it is available.
To receive a Registration package or ask any questions, call Roxanne 250-723-9939 or email email@example.com .
If you are interested in any training other than Beginner/Basic Obedience classes, please let us know. When we have sufficient interest, we are able to schedule classes for:
- Refresh/Repeat Basic Obedience – for dogs that need to work on basic skills in a group setting.
- Introduction to Advanced Obedience (Competitive Obedience and Rally Obedience) for dogs that want to be confident in their obedience skills and prepare for performance sports & competitions.
- CKC Canine Good Neighbour Program (with exam for certificate) for dogs to be consistent in their good manners in public.
- Junior Handling (Show Handling) Ages 8-18 who want to show a dog in a conformation dog show.
Prerequisite for these classes would be taking Basic Obedience classes or a dog who is able to sit/stay on their own for at least one minute.
Contact Roxanne at 250-723-9939 or firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a waitlist.