Oct. 19-21, 2018 Championship Dog Show
Our 54th annual CKC Championship Dog Show
Our Premium List of Events includes:
- 3 All Breed Championship Dog Shows (Best in Show each day)
- Vancouver Island Toy Dog Club – Toy Group Specialty (Saturday afternoon)
- Junior Handling (Friday & Saturday)
- Juvenile & Veteran Sweepstakes (Saturday)
- Halloween Costume Contest/Parade (Saturday)
- Buffet Dinner & Social (Saturday)
- Canine Good Neighbour Test (Friday 3:30 – 5:00)
- Premium List,
- 2018 Judging Schedule Final Copy (for exhibitors) 5 pg
- 2018 Simple Judging Schedule (for general public) 1 pg.
- Catalogue (Marked) – Alberni Valley Kennel Club -2018-10-21
This event is open to the general public at no cost.
Highlights for Spectators:
Friday Oct. 19th is a School Pro Day. We recommend that the best time to bring children to the dog show would be from 10:00 am to noon. For a Group tour, check in at the Show Secretary desk upon arrival.
Also on Friday Oct. 19th we have “Come Meet the Breeds” starting at 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm. This where our dog exhibitors and AV Kennel Club members showcase their dogs. Whether you want to get a closer look at any particular breed or just a dog lover at heart, we hope to have a good variety of dogs for you to see.
2018 Simple Judging Schedule (for general public) 1 pg. Shows the 7 Breed Groups (Sporting, Hounds, Terriers, Working, Herding, Non-Sporting and Toys) being judged and the number of dogs in the group. The best of each breed, moves on to be judged for best in Group. The best in each of the 7 breed groups are then judged for “Best in Show”.
Sat. October 20th we have the Vancouver Island Toy Dog Club hosting a Specialty Dog Show for dogs in the Toy Breed Group. This starts at 1:00 pm.
If you are wanting to watch a particular breed/group or just Best in Show, come early in case judging wraps up earlier than expected. This is especially important on Sunday as there are fewer breaks in judging.
We have a Halloween Dog Photo Contest that is open to the public. Bring a photo of your dog in a costume by noon on Saturday to the Show Secretary desk and the judging will be done after Best in Show.
Our Halloween Dog Costume Contest/Parade is open only to dogs and their handlers/owners who are registered in the Dog Show. The Parade of participants will take place after Best in Show (approx. 4:00 pm). This event is a crowd pleaser.
If you have any questions regarding the Dog Show events, please feel free to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org